Airvest is a Yorkshire based, family run, ‘specialist protection’ company, offering the world’s leading innovative safety equipment to a diverse market. We are passionate about preventing unnecessary serious injuries whenever we can. Our amazing ‘life-saving’ customer testimonials encourage us to continue furthering our knowledge and expertise and improving the safety standards with this new and exciting technology.
Airvest was founded by Peter Riley in 2012 following a colorful and extensive background in the textile and body protection industry;
- Wittrex International LTD
- Development of performance protective apparel fabrics.
- Kreative Innovative Technology (KIT) LTD
- Experience of working alongside the development of body armour, ballistic and stab protection – HG1/KR1.
- Introduced the innovative protective material D30 to the military and police sector.
- Jofama AB
- Development of technical motorcycle clothing – Halvarssons.
- All manufactured to European standards – EN13595/2.
- Point Two Equine LTD
- Founded the motorsport division for the brand name Point Two.
- Helite SRL
- UK distributor for Helite body-worn air bag protection.
- Introduced Helite air bag technology to the UK motorcycle industry.
- Airvest has recently assisted Transport for London with their Motorcycle Safety Action plan.
- Airvest has an active role in improving safety standards throughout the UK.
- The Helite TT Air Vest was be featured on ITV in March 2016.
- Airvest’s “A-Team” sponsored horse rider Kristie Clinch was a finalist in the BETA Rider of the Year 2015.
- Airvest is delighted to announce that we supply several of our UK forces with Helite air vests and jackets:
- Dyfed-Powys Police – A full force issue.
- Thames Valley Police
- Lincolnshire Police
- South Wales Police
- Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
- Blood Bikers
- London Ambulance
- And an ever increasing number of off-duty officers.
- Airvest has a number of celebrity endorsers such as Steve Parrish and Henry Cole.
Quad bikes are designed to be exhilarating and capable of driving at high speeds along rough terrain. You can get some really good air with one too, depending on the type of engine and your willingness to do so. Quad bikes may be fun, but all of this speed and jumping also makes them potentially […]
Air jackets have a lot more to them than simply inflation. The way a jacket inflates, plus the amount it inflates and when it does so can make the difference between life and death in the event of a crash. Here is how our products work to keep our users completely safe.
Here at Airvest, we understand the risks that people take when they mount a motorcycle, jet ski or even horse. Basic road safety dictates that a cyclist should wear a helmet to prevent damaging their head, but the rest of their body is left exposed. Even when wearing a heavy leather jacket, a motorist is […]
One look at the history of the iconic biker jacket – so beloved of music subcultures and film stars alike – might be enough to convince you that motorcycle jackets have generally always been the same. After all, when most of us think of biker jackets, we probably think of the leather jacket that was […]
The archetypal rugged leather biker jacket may seem to have always existed, but this is not – of course – the case. Only in the late 1920s was the first leather zipped motorcycle jacket as we now recognise it truly invented, and it took several decades after that to settle into its present status as […]
Since the creation of the first ever leather motorcycle jacket with a zipper in the 1920s, it has grown to become a style icon, a favourite of rebellious celebrities such as Marlon Brando, James Dean and Bruce Springsteen. Leather motorbike jackets have been known to last for decades, and you may struggle to part with […]