Our Airvest Servicing Checklist
When we service your air jacket or vest we check the following items;
- VISUAL APPEARANCE – Cuts/Tears/Abrasions/Cleanliness.
- CONDITION OF COMPONENTS – Velcro/Stitching etc.
- FUNCTION – Buttons/Clips/Zips.
- CORRECT AIRBAG SHAPE
- OVERINFLATION PRESSURE
- TRIGGER – Visual Appearance & Condition.
- KEY-BALL – Steel Cable/Correct Rotation//Mechanical Integrity
- PISTON – Needle/Joint/Corrosion/Burr.
- SPRING – Corrosion/Movement.
- CAP – Paint/Correct Screwing.
- SADDLE STRAP – Elasticity/Clip Function.
- TRIGGERING – Test Force Resistance.
- CO2 CANISTER – Weight/Visual Appearance.
We wash and clean all air vests and jackets; they will be returned to you with a service report documenting our findings. We will contact you directly should there be any issues.
To service your jacket simply purchase this product then send us your jacket along with the order email you will receive.
Sending Us Your Air Jacket or Vest
We recommend that you send your air jacket or vest by courier or recorded delivery to ensure it doesn’t get lost or damaged – optional insurance is also available via this method.
Canisters should only be included if you are sending your jacket or vest by courier. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CANISTERS BY ROYAL MAIL – Royal mail reserves the right to destroy any parcels containing gas canisters. This means they could destroy your air jacket too!!
We aim to service and return your air jacket or vest via our chosen courier Parcelforce within 7 days – however the majority are done sooner. Please do let us know if you require a faster turnaround as there is a FAST TRACK option available for a small additional fee.
Please send all parcels to: (download Address Label)
Green Lane Farm,